I love vintage china, especially china that was made by companies in the US. It is amazing to me the number of companies that used to exist here that are no longer in business, or no longer produce their products here.
My kitchen has several pieces from the Syracuse China company. They made restaurant ware for just about every restaurant and diner in this country for many decades! I love to look on-line to see the many patterns and colors that they produced. It is simply amazing to me!
I use Syracuse China products as one of the 'base pieces' for my line of vintage gift 'baskets' that I create. It is my way of showcasing a beautiful piece of china, as well as preserving a piece of American history.
I just got in several gorgeous display plates made by Syracuse China that feature a stunning picture of a flower on the front of the plate. Each plate represents a different flower. They must have been a part of a collector's series. The flowers include the rose, the peony, and the dogwood, in lovely shades of pink. They are so pretty. Look for them in upcoming photos of the latest 'basket' designs that I have coming up......
No comments:
Post a Comment