Monday, October 24, 2011

Auction time!!

I had a ball yesterday! My friends Cheryl and Greg Fisher had an auction out at their farm in Seagrove, North Carolina. Cheryl comes from a family that has been involved in the antiques business for decades! She has been collecting since before she could walk...well, that might be a 'slight' exaggeration, but after seeing what she had for sale, I could believe it!! I wanted to go to her auction just to see what she had for sale....that gal has an eye for the unique and unusual. She had a booth space with us when my husband and I had an antique store (Middleton Mercantile), and she always  brought in such interesting items for sale.
The weather yesterday was a picture-perfect Fall day, so I decided to bring my camera along to snap some pictures....so glad that I did! I have added some of those shots here for all of you to enjoy. The items shown here are just a remnant of what she used to have! Cheryl told me that she has been selling a lot of items to individual buyers that come to her property to make an offer. She also mentioned to me after the auction yesterday that she is going to have a 'moving sale' sometime in the next few weeks. I will let you all know when and where that will take place....great bargains, and fun collectibles are still available!
Oh, and before I forget, the auction was performed by Steven Cates, and his company, Elite Auctioneering Services. Steve and his crew (Don, Sean, Randy, and...Clarke?) were hilarious. It is a tough job to talk non-stop for hours straight, and to do it with a sense of humor is amazing! He also had his clerk (Lisa I believe was her name...forgive me for not remembering), and the lovely Carol collected the money and kept track of all of our purchases. Carol also owns her own shop called Unique Treasures & Collectibles, located in Kernersville, North Carolina. She has new to antique items in booths and shelf spaces. Carol told me that she is planning to expand her booth spaces too. Those are great words to hear from someone in this industry, in the present economic times! Give her a call at (336) 992-3328 for her hours and directions.
Here is some more exciting news! While bidding on some treasures, I started a conversation with a young woman that was sitting across the aisle from me. She told me that she had just opened up a new shop in Carthage, North Carolina, about a month ago, and that she was at the auction to get more inventory for her store. I thought, my goodness, even more good news!! A new store too...that is just great! I told her that I would mention her in my blog. The name of the store is T&T Hidden treasures. The co-owners are both named Tracy, hence the name 'T&T'....They are open from Wed-Sat. 10am to 5:30m. She has two phone numbers listed on her business card, so here are the two of them...(910) 639-2780 and (910) 690-3788. apparently they take consignments too. Stop in to say hello and tell them that I sent you....:o)




















ok, so now for the pictures...sit back and enjoy the view.....

No comments:

Post a Comment