Monday, November 14, 2011

a Saturday in Fall....

Saturday was such a beautiful day...it was chilly and cold in the morning, but it warmed up to be such a pleasant day in the afternoon. Around 1:30pm I headed out to do an Ultimate Spa Facial event for a friend of mine. Her house is so adorable. It was built in the early 1930's, and is just the perfect country farm home. I did the Facial event for her and several of her friends. One of the ladies in attendance is getting ready to open up her own beauty shop in the town of High Falls, North Carolina....I will make a post for her when she holds her grand opening...I am so excited for her!!
After the event, we sat around chatting and munching on some home made pecan pie (absolutely heavenly by the way!)..it was a great time...just as I was packing up my things, my friend mentioned to me that her husband and her father are starting to do some blacksmithing. I had to see what that was all about!! So I followed her outside to see what the two men were up to...I was so amazed to see the lovely items that they were making out of iron. Wouldn't you know it that I didn't bring my camera with me?? My friend promised to send me some pictures of what they make...they showed me fire place tools, hand wrought hooks to hang pots from in your kitchen, and the coolest thing ever...they made knives out of railroad spikes!! I had never seen anything like it! so cool...can't wait to see what they come up with next....

No comments:

Post a Comment